Henschke's Lenswood vineyard in the Adelaide Hills

Sunday 3 April 2011

Tamburlaine, Hunter Reserve Semillon (2008)

Hunter Valley, NSW
10.5%, screwcap, organic, $28
http://www.mywinery.com/

I was pleasantly surprised by the citrus notes of its aroma when I poured this wine. I had toured the Hunter Valley in 2009 and found that I didn't like most of the semillons I tasted, due to the characters they were displaying, which were more akin to Sauvignon Blanc. I have since learned that can be typical of cooler years. 

With some time in the bottle, there were no signs of Sauvignon Blanc characteristics. This wine was showing well defined citrus notes on the nose and the palate. Flickers of lemon and lime were set amongst pleasing acidity. A lovely wine. Perfect with battered Perch and chips. 93

No comments:

Post a Comment